Let us remember then, Wood was elected in August ‘ Best Destination Insular ‘ Europe in the World Travel Awards in October and named for the global phase of ‘ Tourism Oscars ‘ , which failed to win , but the fact that it is named now shows very what is the Madeira Islands . In terms of hotels, The Vine Hotel has established itself as the ‘ Best Hotel Design ‘ the world title he won on November 30th in the world gala of the World Travel Awards.
– Port of Funchal was honored in March with the prize ‘ Most Innovative Destination ‘ , the world’s largest trade fair for the cruise ( Seatrade of Miami ) sector .
– One of the strongest groups in the hospitality area, the Porto Bay Group won 36 trophies throughout the year , highlighting major operators such as Thomson Holidays , Sovereign , TUI , Neckermann , Thomas Cook Northern Europe ( Spies , and Ving Tjaërborg ) , Jet2Holidays and RCI as well as several awards and recognition online . Interestingly , the restaurant ‘ Il Gallo d’ Oro ‘ , The Cliff Bay Hotel , kept the sixth consecutive year , the Michelin star.
– More than 20 hotels in the region bearing the award Traveller’s Choice 2013 ” by TripAdvisor , to highlight the Pestana Porto Santo is rated 8th among the Portuguese and the only top 25 resorts in Europe all inclusive. .
– Enotel Lido Resort Conference & Spa was honored with a ” Quality Award ” from the British operator ‘ Jet2holidays ‘ , referring to the the 2012/13 winter season.
– In Porto Santo , Hotel Orca Praia , earned nine awards in 2013 , including the highest award of best environmental practices , awarded by the World of TUI tour operator and rank fifth best Beach Hotel Europe by super travel portal Trivago .
– In rural tourism, ‘Solar da Bica ‘ , St Vincent , was awarded the diploma ‘ Green Key 2013 ‘ .